To serve as the Principal focus point of Judicial activities, relating to the promotion of efficiency, uniformity and improvement in the quality of Judicial services in the Superior and Lower Courts.
To be the foremost Judicial Training Institute in the enhancement of capacity and promotion of excellence in Justice Administration.
i. To enhance productivity and promote fairness through continuing education, training and research.
ii. To strengthen Justice delivery system through quality Judicial education to the Judiciary and affiliates.
iii. To preserve, conserve and disseminate publications, records and resources for the Judiciary.
The Mandate of the Institute is to serve as the principal focal point of Judicial activities, relating to the promotion of efficiency, uniformity and improvement in the quality of Judicial Services in the Superior and Lower Courts.
This can only be achieved through Professionalism, Competence, Discipline, Accountability, Trust, Honesty and Loyalty workforce. It is therefore, a cardinal requirement that National Judicial Institute’s staff accept personal responsibility to adopt and practice this work ethics and Code of Conduct. Accordingly, every person appointed to work in the Institute shall be bounded by the following work ethics, values, code of conducts including all statutory duties prescribed by Law and existing Public Service Rules.
1. Professionalism: All staff shall demonstrate commitment, dedication and quality service for the Institute at all times. Staff must be committed to excellence and display high level of professional standard in their duties and responsibilities. Staff shall endeavour, individually and collectively, to promote the flow of ideas, knowledge and constantly updating their skills and competencies through self development and harnessing the training opportunities provided by Institute.
2. Competence: The staff shall always show sufficient knowledge, judgement, skills and strengths in the course of their duties and responsibilities.
3. Discipline: All staff shall always demonstrate high sense of discipline in their conduct by obeying rules and regulations while undergoing any duty or activity.
4. Accountability: All staff of the Institute are accountable to the Institute, the Law and the Government. Accordingly, staff will fulfill their stewardship roles in the judicious use of their time and in efficient management of the human, financial, material resources and properties entrusted to them by the Institute. They are expected to provide timely, cost-effective, quality service to the Institute and implement Government’s policies and programmes.
5. Trust: All staff shall be guided by the following consideration in the discharge of their duties: Sincerity, integrity, equity, social justice and fairness, sensitivity to the needs of the people, respect for Nigeria’s diversity and observance of the rule of law/due process.
6. Honesty: All staff shall be upright and transparent in carrying out his/her duties in their dealings with the public.
7. Loyalty: All staff shall demonstrate loyalty to the Institute and to the Government in accordance with the law.